Our Chicago business lawyers delivered support to the law department for the U.S. subsidiaries of Siemens, the global, diversified manufacturing, energy and services company. Chicago corporate attorney Jeremy Gibson provided assistance in a number of areas to the Siemens law department in New York City, working in cooperation with outside counsel to the organization. Gibson revamped the contracting playbook (or policies) and templates for all procurement of goods, technology and services, prepared privacy and data security guidance documents, handled regulatory compliance issues and negotiated purchasing and intra-group agreements. For example, among other things, he reworked and updated the form for each of the following: master purchase agreement, master services agreement, equipment purchase agreement, software license agreement and purchase order. This was a substantial, extended project that lasted for almost six months. As a former in-house attorney, Jeremy Gibson frequently provides services to law departments for medium and larger corporations.
Our Chicago small business attorneys worked with an array of start-ups for individuals who incorporated new corporations or organized new limited liability companies or LLCs. For instance, we handled the creation of numerous ventures in 2012, including:
- a company started by two accomplished chefs providing detail and maintenance services to upscale families having high-end, sophisticated kitchen appliances;
- several affiliated companies to operate parking facilities and functions at office buildings and restaurants, as well as to provide staffing for such activities;
- an online apparel business for the marketing and sales of t-shirts with custom, vintage designs; and
- a dance studio for children from pre-school through 12th grade housed at a Chicago area high school.
The firm also advised many newly formed businesses on initial needs, including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, leases and employment agreements. The Chicago corporate attorneys of Jeremy A. Gibson & Associates, PC regularly represents entrepreneurs starting small businesses on such early needs as choice of entity, name selection, intellectual property protection and formation.
The firm’s Chicago contract & agreement attorneys negotiated or provided counseling regarding a diverse set of transactions for small, medium and large companies in 2012. Contracts and agreements constitute the core practice of the firm in fact. By way of example, these transactions included the following:
- all manner of technology, goods and services procurement agreements for a global conglomerate;
- a stock purchase agreement providing for the sale of a controlling interest in a data security consulting company to an employee, with an option for the selling shareholder to repurchase the interest;
- the first services agreement for a start-up in the business of marketing and developing the business of medical practices;
- the preparation of a new, more comprehensive and favorable standard form of lease agreement for the owner and manager of a suburban Chicago office building;
- several content license agreements and other sales transactions for the leading provider of stock, editorial, sports and celebrity photos; and
- a settlement agreement with respect to a trademark infringement lawsuit brought by a famous maker of industrial and consumer products against a foreign manufacturer of pumps.
Jeremy A. Gibson & Associates, PC regularly advises businesses in the Chicago area and elsewhere on these and many other types of contracts and agreements.